Sundays are definitely made for exploring and baking! After a lovely walk in the Lakes, we came home to make these delicious brownies which we demolished with a cup of tea! For extra chocolatey-ness and because we had some in the house we decided to add some chocolate digestive nibbles but these can also be substituted for almonds or walnuts which also taste great!
Easy bake chocolate brownies …
Prep Time: 15 – minutes
Cooking time: 20 mins on 180 degrees with a fan oven.
Total Time: 45 mins.
- 110g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60g self-raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g of digestive nibbles (optional or substitute for some almonds or walnuts).
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a square tin.
- Melt the butter in a pan on a medium heat.
- Mix the melted butter and sugar in a mixing bowel.
- Next stir in the eggs – don’t over mix otherwise it will become more cake-like.
- In a separate bowel mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt together.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter and sugar.
- Add the Vanilla extract and the digestive nibbles.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the tin and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.